Sunday, November 4, 2012

Apple Cider Caramels

For Halloween I made these Apple Cider Caramels and they were simple to make and delicious.

DSC_0192

I have wanted to make caramels for a few years and after an epic failure with a Gingerbread Caramel that never set up I gave up.  But the other day with all the ingredients for this recipe on hand, I thought I would make another attempt.  These are yummy and would make a great hostess gift.

DSC_9990

They come together very fast, once you have the cider reduced.  I cut my waxed paper while they were cooling.  The wrapping is a bit tedious but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad.

DSC_9991

The recipe makes an 8x8 pan full and once you start cutting them you realize that is quite a few.  I stored the leftovers in the fridge. 

DSC_0191

DSC_0190

I'll be taking the rest into work tomorrow, hope they like them.

Wishing you all a lovely day and great week ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...