Sunday, July 22, 2012

Parents Surprise 50th Anniversary ~ part 1


For over the past year my sister, brother and I have been planning a very special surprise.  Our parents 50th Anniversary celebration. Now obviously their 50th Anniversary was not a surprise, but the plan they were told was there would be a small family lunch at a local restaurant and unfortunately Clyde and myself were not attending.  I made up every excuse in the book, work schedule, air fare hikes, and any other reason I could think of to throw them off track.  It was hard to keep these secrets and there were many times I thought they knew, somehow they knew.   

DSC_0011
July 7th 1962

The last month was super busy with final preparations and organizing my work files as I would be out of town for the next 12 days, and before I knew it we were heading to the airport.

DSC_7477
Well good morning Mount Rainier.

I never sleep before a flight, I think I am both nervous and excited and there is always a big sigh once we are off.   If we left anything it's too late and my phone is off for the next 7-8 hours, so I just sit back and breathe.

DSC_7479
The weather was perfect which helped distract my thoughts and the view out the window of seat 30A was breathtaking.

DSC_7489
That would be Mount Adams to the left and majestic Mount Rainier front and center. 
 
DSC_7493
......and here is the triple play with Mount Adams, Mount Rainier, and Mount St. Helens.
 
DSC_7522
Just when we were expected to see the Rocky Mountains, the clouds set in and my view remained this way for the remainder of the trip.

DSC_7528
This is how I travel, always have, always will.  Animal crackers, in the box.

After a layover in Baltimore, it was just a short flight to Portland, Maine.

DSC_7549
This was just the beginning of an amazing vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...