Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pygmy goats.

The sun was out the other day and I just happened to be in Woodway so I made a quick stop to visit the famous Pygmy goats.

Photobucket

Woodway is just South of Edmonds and is known as a small hamlet with grand estates and large lots.  But when I think of Woodway I think of the fanciful private home where the adorable Pygmy goats frolic.

Photobucket

Their home resembles a storybook, complete with a small pond, multiple little houses and lots of room to roam. 

And they love hosting visitors.

Photobucket

You see when I pulled my car over to the side of the road it's like the dinner bell went off.  They rush right up because they know I can reach the clover just on the other side of the chain link fence, I can reach the cedar fronds that are just above their heads and they know I will instinctively pluck the dandelion greens that bloom along the roadway and feed them. 

Oh, how they come a running.

Photobucket
"Feed me, I know that is why you are here, I have been waiting for your arrival all day."

They are so cute, the first time I ever saw them I was smitten.  I rushed right home and Googled, How to raise Pygmy goats.  Of course living in a townhome was not the prefered enviroment for these voracious nibblers, so I am resigned to visit.

Photobucket

And they are so happy to host, thrilled to extend a warm welcome to anyone willing to help a goat out and offer up the treats that are just beyond the fence.

Photobucket

Their home is lush, mossy and a vibrant emerald green.  They have bridges, and ladders and lots of interesting things going on within their fairy-tale world. 

Photobucket
Crunch, crunch, crunch.

The two bigger goats gorged themselves when I gently lowered the branch of the Cedar tree and munched away at the chewy fragarent leaves.

And that my friends is the story of the famous Pygmy goats of Woodway.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...